Thursday, January 22, 2009

New mini-projekt

I've been on some sort of weird headwear kick lately, and I'm working on yet another mini-project. I really wanted to mess around with cutwork, so I decided I needed a cutwork coif/caul. (And possibly down the road try out a cutwork partlet)

(Tester piece to see if I could do the stitch)

(Back view of linen mounted on the frame. I have learned that ironing the linen is good, but starching it is BAD. If I was not so far along, I would start with a fresh piece, but I don't want to waste the time I've already put into it!)

(I stitched a 13" circle in white thread as a template. I will probably anchor the stitch threads to this as well. Blah, I've got miles to go on the drawing out!!)

(Close-up of outline stitch and pulled threads.)

No comments:

Post a Comment