Thursday, November 12, 2009

Productive day, take 2!

I have the front, back, and one sleeve done!


Still to do:
-1 sleeve
-2 cuffs
-2 ruffle (for cuff??)
-2 gores
-2 gussets

I kind of wish I had made it just a *smidge* longer, but I think it will be OK.

Feeling mighty productive yesterday!

I ended up leaving work around noon yesterday since there wasn't much of anything going on. (*sigh* They said that I couldn't have my scheduled 3-day PTO because they couldn't do without me, now I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs. *sigh*)

I was able to completely finish up the christening gown!

Fiddly little yoke bits were measured, clipped and pressed into shape:

The finished bodice piece:

The finished yoke and shoulder pieces

And the whole dress after a nice steaming:

Since I have a day or two before it goes home, I'm probably going to make a padded hanger for it - even though it needs to not be stored hanging up! (The reason it came to me in the first place was the cheap plastic hanger had chewed through the delicate lawn and more or less destroyed the shoulders)

Wednesday, November 11, 2009


Jane posted a picture of her in her drool-worthy silk dress she allowed me to help make. She's gonna looks so fabulous! I am so jealous of that fabric, I can barely contain myself! I can't wait to see the whole thing completed.

I started on the gutchies for the Italian for Solstice. Yeah....I need new stuff! I'm hoping I can get the eyelets done for the corset as well, because it would be wonderful to have a completely new set of clothes. We'll see how that all pans out, though.

So far, for the even that is in exactly 31 days, I have done one panel for a camacia. That's it. I really need to get cracking! Patterning the high-collared jacket is really freaking me out, though! I'm such a wuss! I'm procrastinating terribly. I just need to buckle down and do it.

Also on my must-do list....I really need to finish the restoration on the christening gown. Last week, I got the bodice embroidery stabilized by applying a cotton backing pressed and clipped to shape behind the embroidery and whipping the edges to the seams (which are really strong and not deteriorating at all). Then I took running stitches through the gown to the lining following the lines of embroidery to give a bit more stability.

I have one tiny piece of the yoke done, three more itty bitty pieces to go. After those are done, a nice steaming and it'll be ready to go back home! I'll be sad to see such a pretty piece go out the door! I just hope that it doesn't get destroyed while the baby is being passed around!