Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kingdom Arts and Sciences Photos

Shamelessly stolen from facebook: Holly and I randomly standing in the middle of the room, fiddling with our (awesome) veils. :D


My display, hidden back in the corner.....it really did look much more awesome than it appears in this pic. Populace choice, baby!!!


And here's some more piccies from Casamira.....

Receiving Populace Choice....

(as a side-note, I love the bust support that my kirtle gives - this shape is only 5 pieces of strategically placed boning in the kirtle)

Probably the best picture of my display. (I wish I had thought of some way to make it a bit more....dynamic. I didn't have enough 'stuff' to warrant multiple levels.) I was a little bummed that Bertha didn't work out as well as it fit on my body - she's much wider than I am and/or I squish on the sides more than she does, so the stays almost look like they're for a completely different person.


Here I am trying to hide the fact I had taken off my sleeves because I was dying of heat. I totally <3 this dress to itty bitty bits, but it is going to have to retire during the summer months, it's just too warm!


My overall scores were 44.5, 47, and 49 out of 50. Yay me! My documentation scores were all either 9 or 10, so that makes me happy. The documentation was what I was most worried about. The few suggestions I got on the documentation were actually things I had thought about, but decided to cut out at the last second, so I need to trust my gut. Another suggestion was to have three copies of the full documentation, which I can totally do for next time, but do the math....that's expensive! For one entry, it was $40. Add another copy, that'd be $60 total. Times that by 8 entries......that's $480 for documentation ALONE!

So, next year, when I go for champion, I will need to find a (much) less expensive way to present my documentation. I cannot justify spending that much money on printing and binding costs alone. (I think most likely I'll be printing out my documentation at home, and taking it to Kinko's to get it bound. Office Max copying and binding is a total ripoff.)

'Mastery of costuming' certificate:


Participation certificate:


Populace Choice scroll. (YAY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment