Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Picture update from yesterdays post - plus moar

 

Yep, here it is!  PPOD is coming together!  :)



On a slightly related note, I've been messing around with my machine embroidery software and eating up the classes I've been taking, and have 6 embroidery pattern slips to be stitched in cross stitch.  (Actually 5 right now.  The 6th is giving me fits for some reason, and I'm about to tear my hair out)  I think I'm going to make myself some pillows or something. 

I would never have the time to embroider the slips by hand, so I'm going to try it out, see what it looks like, and if it's anywhere near 'passable', I'll apply the slips to a velvet ground and make pillows somewhat similar to the one found at Hardwick Hall:



I'm hoping to get around to stitching out an example of each design this week.  I found the original designs here.


Also related to the embroidery software goodness.......I found out the other day that I can MAKE MY OWN LACE.  *dies*  Hah!  The end product is no different than the lace one would buy at JoAnns, BUT, it can be customized to be ANYTHING.  :D  I have fantasies of drawing out lace from portraits and getting my machine to do all the 'dirty work'.  I haven't experimented with the lace yet, but I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Here are some pics of the jewelry that Hollyness made for me......I am so full of squee it's not even funny!  Now I HAVE to finish that god-forsaken dress!


No comments:

Post a Comment