Sunday, November 30, 2008

More dress updates

The skirt is about 85% hemmed, and the trim is 99% done.

The dress dummy is not proportioned the way a corseted body is, so it looks wrinkly and kinda funky, but it really does fit very well on a real body. Also, the skirt is not attached yet, it's hanging on by a couple of pins, so the skirt actually is level, it just looks funny on the dress dummy!




I am especially proud of the way the sleeves turned out!

The trim will (eventually) have crystals and pearls at the points and down the middle to flesh out the pattern. *PHEW!* A lot of sewing got done over the weekend, considering Holly and I ended up going shopping every single day while she was here!

I will be working on the false front and the shirt through the week, and hopefully will have them completed by next weekend. Holly took the dress home and she will be finishing off the hem and attaching the skirt. (hopefully!)

It was a nice weekend; both Holly and dragonfly_sidhe came over and we all puttered around in my sewing room for an evening. I am in total lust over dragonfly_sidhe's trim that she used on her shirt/smock....it is SO MADE OF AWESOME AND PUPPIES!

One day I want to get the sewing arrangements more comfortable....I need a daybed or a comfy chair or two!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment