Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cutwork Caul Update...


Close-up of the caul. I am about 1/4 of the way through the vertical.



And here is the whole thing. If I were to ever do this again, I would use a stronger thread. The linen thread I'm using keeps shredding and I have to start the row over. It's a big 'ole pain in the bootocks. The beading is working well, however I wish I had used my next size up bead. The ones I am using now are teeny, and don't show up that well.

The whole structure is amazingly delicate. I don't think I've ever worked on something that had such tiny, delicate structure. That being said, the pieces that are completed are quite strong, and I think when the whole thing is completed with the horizontal, it will be even stronger.

At this point, I am pondering how I'm going to finish off the edge. Do I want a solid band caul like the previous one? Or do I want to do a casing, and use it more like a hairnet? Hmmm. I am unsure at this stage how I will proceed. Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment