Monday, February 2, 2009

I've been thinking PieCrust thoughts...


"Pie Crust" hats, that is. Like-a-so:

(This particular pic is cut off at the top, but you get the idea?)

Anyway, so I'm thinking I want to make one. (After all the other stuffola, that is...or, when I need an easily-finished project) Here's the plan....

I'm thinking that I'll make it out of two pieces -- a doughnut that is 1/2" smaller in the center than my head measurement, and as wide as how tall I want the finished hat to be, plus 1/2".


Ok, so here is the progression -- the inside of the doughnut gets sewn to the bottom edge of the inside hat structure. Then, marked 1/8ths around the top edge of the hat structure, and around the outside of the doughnut shape, and tack those marks together.

I have no idea if this will acually work or not, I'll let you know when I do!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment