Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mini-Distraction-Side-Projekt = Done!

My inspirations --






First, I cut a piece of canvas in a semi-circle, and sewed the ends to make the base. I then cut a long piece of cotton organza (3x longer than the circle.) I pressed the organza in pleats...



And then tacked one end of the pleats to the canvas 'frame'....


I then covered the canvas with the pleated organza, stretching the pleats a bit at the top, since it flares at the top...


Once the pleats were in place, the raw edge was folded back over once again, and tacked down...


Then, I cut a lining piece the same shape as the fillet, with 1/2" seam allowances. I tacked the tops and bottoms...


And the fillet before the barbette was finished...


Barbette, fillet, and my caul taking the place of a net (for now)...


And a back view...


And the front...


The barbette/fillet combo can be worn in conjunction with a veil, or without the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment