Thursday, November 12, 2009

Feeling mighty productive yesterday!

I ended up leaving work around noon yesterday since there wasn't much of anything going on. (*sigh* They said that I couldn't have my scheduled 3-day PTO because they couldn't do without me, now I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs. *sigh*)

I was able to completely finish up the christening gown!

Fiddly little yoke bits were measured, clipped and pressed into shape:



The finished bodice piece:


The finished yoke and shoulder pieces



And the whole dress after a nice steaming:


Since I have a day or two before it goes home, I'm probably going to make a padded hanger for it - even though it needs to not be stored hanging up! (The reason it came to me in the first place was the cheap plastic hanger had chewed through the delicate lawn and more or less destroyed the shoulders)

No comments:

Post a Comment