Jane posted a picture of her in her drool-worthy silk dress she allowed me to help make. She's gonna looks so fabulous! I am so jealous of that fabric, I can barely contain myself! I can't wait to see the whole thing completed.
I started on the gutchies for the Italian for Solstice. Yeah....I need new stuff! I'm hoping I can get the eyelets done for the corset as well, because it would be wonderful to have a completely new set of clothes. We'll see how that all pans out, though.
So far, for the even that is in exactly 31 days, I have done one panel for a camacia. That's it. I really need to get cracking! Patterning the high-collared jacket is really freaking me out, though! I'm such a wuss! I'm procrastinating terribly. I just need to buckle down and do it.
Also on my must-do list....I really need to finish the restoration on the christening gown. Last week, I got the bodice embroidery stabilized by applying a cotton backing pressed and clipped to shape behind the embroidery and whipping the edges to the seams (which are really strong and not deteriorating at all). Then I took running stitches through the gown to the lining following the lines of embroidery to give a bit more stability.
I have one tiny piece of the yoke done, three more itty bitty pieces to go. After those are done, a nice steaming and it'll be ready to go back home! I'll be sad to see such a pretty piece go out the door! I just hope that it doesn't get destroyed while the baby is being passed around!