Monday, November 23, 2009

Solstice Progress

I have the camacia 99.9% done! All I need to to is find some buttons that don't make my eyes bleed and sew 'em on! I still may fix the neckline sometime down the road, but I'm not going to worry about it until everything else is completely finished.

The cuff, prior to attaching to the sleeve


Ta-daa!


The body is patterned out and sewn together. The front and back pieces are 3 layers - velvet fashion fabric, organdy and flannel as interlining. The side front and side back pieces are velvet and flannel only. The layers make it a bit bulky, but I'm hoping it'll keep me warm!


I am seriously considering chopping down the collar just a smidge. Right now they're a bit extreme! (cut off at the red line??)


I'm not completely in love with the way the collar ended up in the back. But I also don't hate it, either! As a first draft for this style, I think I did OK,


I'm torn with what to do for the trimming - do I do completely plain, or go all out on some gold braid/rope/something? Hm.....

My magical flashdrive of picture goodness is at home, so I don't have a picture to show right now, but I'm kind of thinking of leaning in the super-plain direction. There is this wonderful miniature of a woman wearing a more or less completely plain black gown with a high collar, and a gorgeous (wired?) yellow veil. teehee!

Holly - I have pearls GALORE, but I may need to purchase some gold findings from ya when you come down, iff'n that's ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment