Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Feast!

I normally snap all kinds of pictures of the preparation and final spread, but I was really distracted this Thanksgiving!

I made an enormous amount of dressing....(this is actually a picture of the crumbs right after coming out of the oven, though!)


And a ton of pies (as per usual) 2x pecan, apple and cran-apple pies. I didn't end up making the traditional cheesecake, though. Kinda sad 'bout that. The apple pies turned out beautifully, I wish I had remembered to take a picture!


And probably the biggest turkey I've ever cooked. 22.5 lbs! But it was also the most delicious turkey ever, if I do say so myself. :)


For scale, that is hubby's daughter - and that's not an optical illusion, the turkey really is that big! :D
I did make the traditional turkey noodle soup, and it turned out quite nummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment