Thursday, May 27, 2010

Killing off the last mintues before I dash out the door.....

Hopes of working from home this afternoon were smashed to bits. Ah well. Also, didn't get anything done sewing wise this morning, since I was up at 6 am dealing with client stuff. Grrr. So much for the early morning sewing plans.

Last night was sorta productive - at least it's wearable now! The hem is done, and the fluffy guards fluffed. I like the way it looks in the picture better than in real life. Has anyone tried to to the fluffy guards that seem to be so popular in Italy the first half of the 16th century? This is the only method I've come up with so far, and I'm not quite sure it'll pass muster for other gowns. It's fine for this one, tho.

Anyway.



Here's the whole dress, minus sleeves. Still wiffling on the sleeve issue, and driving me craaaaazy.

(And check it....I got *more* gold brocade the other day. I need to stop this gold brocade madness. Because it *IS* madness, I tell you!)


I am coming to terms with the skirt pleating. After ironing and hemming and petticoats, I think it will be OK. I just need to remember how unhappy I am if I ever to pleated skirts again....I'm highly addicted to cartridge pleating skirts....I fall back on cartridge pleats for just about *everything*.

No comments:

Post a Comment