Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Okie Dokie....Upcoming (SCA-centric) Projects!!


For me, it's kind of tied between the following three: (I want ALL of them at some point, just I have to decide what I want first) Actually, I think the order the picture is in might be the order that I want 'em. Mebbe.




I am going to try to have a new outfit for 12th Night, so I think it might be down to the first inspiration portrait or a simple Elizabethan jacket.

Considering the time constraints, I might go with the jacket. I think it just depends on how I'm feeling when I start. (Which will probably be tomorrow)

I think next up to bat for Holly (who now has an LJ profile, as of today! w00t!) is an earlier-period Italian. (But I still need to finish the shirt and false front for the silver and black venetian from last time. d'oh!)

Inspiration pics:

Holly likes the second one best, and I agree, I love the sleeves on it....Green turnback, and gold stripey something (cuff??) underneath. Holly, I hate to break it to you, but the more I look at these pictures, the more I'm thinking that fake-o ties won't really work. We'll test it and see, but it seems to me like the ties are part of the structural integrity of the garment. Mebbe. We'll see.

I don't think that there is any supporting garments underneath....look at the horizontal wrinkles under the bust on the portrait on the left...I think that either the dress itself is providing the support, or maybe some sort of corded bodies/kirtle underneath the camacia?? I'm leaning towards the dress-only side. Any opinions? Has anyone seen any ideas/reasearch either way??

Other portraits I'm diggin' at the moment for one reason or another....


No comments:

Post a Comment