Monday, January 5, 2009

Pseudo-Dress Diary

Thanks to hollyiggymom, I am now nearly done with the Lizzie jacket that is to go with the tester coif. I didn't take many pictures of the construction of it, but here is the mock-up

(This is take 2 of 3, the next version fixed the puckering seen down the center back)

I made the jacket out of some mystery fabric I've had around about....forever. I purchased gold silk for the lining, and gold cord and lace for the trim....

(All the seams are outlined in gold cord....Gold lace on the right....I'm not exactly positive where it's going, but I want it! This is also the same lace I've been stressing about for the 'real' coif. I'm so glad I found some!!)

(All the gores are outlined in gold cord.....two are on the seams, which make it nice and easy, the back and the front are inset gores *die* I am so not good at inset gores!!)

I am planning on making a red silk skirt to go with the whole outfit. The skirt is cut out and seams assembled. All I need to do is the hem and the waistband.

Hopefully I can finish all this stuff in time to work on an outfit for Husband. The plan right now is for a basic tunic. I may or may not try to get a hood done as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment