Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Do I *NEED* a new dress? No. Do I *WANT* a new dress? YES.

 

The Mary gown I want to do *RIGHT*, so that means that it's out for Collegium.  So, on the less-complicated spectrum of things, There are some of the ones I'm thinking about.  (Yes, I've been bitten by the German bug, canyatell?)


I'm thinking of doing the earlier style below - it's not done a whole lot in these parts, and I love the big long sleeves, and if I can find it, I think I have a bodice pattern all ready drafted up that would start the process along nicely.  I'll probably end up doing the high-necked shirt (as in the first two) - I might even be able to repurpose one of my Italian shirts for the purpose.  (Totally TBD at this point)


I just need to figure out what fabrics I want to use, and I'll get rockin' and rollin' on this project.  I don't think it would be terribly intensive, so hopefully I can finish it in a reasonable amount of time.



I have other pictures that have this shoulder-cape dealio, (that seem to be worn with the style above - but I can't find 'em right now) and if I have time, I'd LOVE to do one of these, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment