Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend...

 
This weekend, while semi-productive, was also very, very mellow.

Friday I went out to the site for Harvest Ball to scope it out and make sure it'll be OK for our purposes, and it will be GREAT.  I really am very excited for this site - if all goes well, it'll be a great place for other events as well.  After that, my sis came over and helped me finish up the prezzies for Lil Miss' birthday.  Like a total goob, I forgot to take pictures of the finished product!  She loves to dress up, and there is a play kitchen set at her brothers school that she loves to play with.  Melia was getting her a kitchen and tea set, so I decided she needed a matching apron, napkins, tablecloth and cookies!  I thought for sure I'd be able to find some good-quality wool felt locally (which I did not!), so I only made a few types of cookies out of the nasty stuff found at chain fabric stores.  For x-mas, (If she ends up liking the play food), I'll be making her a better set with more types of food.  Many, many thanks to my super-crafty cousin and her fabulous blog for getting me hooked on felt food!

Saturday, Melia and I went shopping for bday party nibbles and decorations - let me tell you, it's not hard to decorate for a girly-girl birthday party!  (pink Princess themed EVERYTHING).  The party was very fun, if not a bit traumatic for the kids involved.  (Both little boys really wanted to 'help' her open her presents and play with her things)  I made the tragic discovery that my soft-sided camera case was not, in fact, at all protective inside my purse.  I pulled out my trusty camera to get pictures of the action, only to find the LCD screen shattered.  (I am sorely disappointed about this.  I'm really hard on my tech.)

Check out those cheeks!  Lil Miss is such a ham for the camera!  You can kind of see the 'sugar cookies' in her hand in the second picture.  I made 'em a bit big (not knowing the scale of the tea set 'n all) - so when I do them for real-reals, I'll make them about half the size (half the work, rite?!)

I couldn't convince her to put on her apron for a picture, but you'll just have to trust me, it was pretty dang cute.


Being the center of attention is what it's all about for Lil Miss.....



She wasn't quite sure about this whole 'opening presents' thing.  She just wanted to keep playing with her new toys, and got quite upset when we tried to convince her to move on to the next thing.....towards the end, she started figuring out that opening presents was a pretty cool thing to do....



  After the party, I spent a good portion of Saturday evening on the couch snuggled with the dogs, reading "Earth: The Book".  very funny stuff.

Sunday was a complete blank.  I got out of bed long enough to start a load of laundry, but went straight back to bed, feeling like crap - I ended up sleeping most of the day away.  (But by the time I got up, my migraine had subsided, and I felt at least semi-human again.)  I stayed up long enough to start a new book and watch the next episodes of Dexter and Mad Men; then went straight back to bed.  But today, I'm feeling great, so I think it was worth it, in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment