Monday, July 27, 2009

The never-ending pea pods adventure

I started this scroll at the beginning of the Scribal A&S nights a few months ago. I finally started on laying down color on my pea pod scroll a couple of weeks ago. On Tuesday, I finished up the shading on the pods, the little sticks, the pea blossom, and started the ground colors for the acanthus.


After I finish up the lining, I'll be putting down gold for the little peas, like it is in the original. I still need to do the shading where the sticks 'pierce' the parchment.


I have not decided what color I want the bar in the acanthus to be. I'll probably either do the brown of the sticks, or possibly gold....dunno yet. :)


I have no idea what I'm going to do with it when I'm done, probably donate it to the Barony as a scroll blank. I'm getting kind of attached to it, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment