Friday, March 19, 2010

Eyelets - Practical Application!

With the prompting of bodice_goddess, I finally bit the bullet and finished the eyelets on my stays. The fit is OK - there are a few tweaks here and there I will do to the pattern for the next one (mostly taking out some of the width at the shoulders. The back felt a bit big...actually it felt kind of big all 'round, but I would rather it be too big than too small), but as a first round, not too bad. I really like the cane boning, it is extremely comfortable (or at least felt like it in the short time I actually had it on.)





(I'm actually not all lopsided in real life, I'm just holding my hair out of the way, and it looks like my left shoulder is all wonky.)


So, left to do are the straps, and the binding - then I am done, done donnity done.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment