Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Victorian, Done. (And some lessons learned)

Lessons Learned:

1. Dritz fabric covered buttons suck. Did one button/unbutton, and the tops popped off of three buttons! Not even the fabric covered part, the shank came off the metal plate!!!


2. Don't start a project and drag it out for a year. It's a recipe for disaster.

3. Pay more attention to source material (This is also related to the skirt issue, which turned out really great.)

4. Pay more attention to stripes (this is also directly related to #3, and didn't turn out so great)

My least favorite things about the final product are the wrinkles across the bodice front, (I consistantly make waists to big and busts too small. wtf?!), the buttons (not the way they look, but the quality of the product), and the fit of the armscye (always the bane of my existance).

My favorite things about the final product are the epic badonkadonk, the hat, and the neckline.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt at anything remotely like a victorian gown.



No comments:

Post a Comment