Saturday, July 30, 2011

Another Post of Many Things

-Bethaval and CeeCee are heading over in a little while to come and play in my sewing room….I’m so excited!
-Holly may be able to come down and visit for a few days next week; there are so many things that we’ve been talking about doing, we seriously need to write up a list and prioritize our various projects!
-Because I had to skip Costume College this year (BOO!), I'm going to re-think my costume calendar for the rest of the year. I’m hoping to be able to make it out to Dickens Fair this year. It’s been on my ‘wish list’ for a long time, so I think this year may be the year! I have a couple of gowns in my closet that would work, but really, any excuse for a new dress, right?
001p2de7
From Augusta Auctions - it appears the original image is no longer available online.
001pdp2e
Also from Augusta Auctions (I believe!) - also no longer available online.

1972-92-cst-1-237
Women's Day Dress 1867
The Bowes Museum
060b
A third gown from  Augusta Auctions (I think) which appears to no longer be available online. 


-I’ve more or less decided on doing a ‘fancy’ brocade gown for the ACC; now I just need to settle on a fabric and exact design details. More details to follow.
-I really want to make sure that another costumed tea happens before the end of the year, more on this to follow as well!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sad at your lack of CoCo; I hope everything's all right.

    I'm wondering if it might be possible to send a few pics of your garters my way?  I was a huge dork and forgot to take any myself before Baron's War.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for allowing us to invade your abode on Saturday and also thank you for the bodice fitting help!!!
    It was tons of fun!  We will have to do it again soon - and hopefuly rope Crystal, Theresa and others  into coming too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW I LOVE the green gown above but the blue on the top left in shape, design and detail I can totally see looking amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know what weekend and I will meet you there. *SQUEE*

    ReplyDelete