Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Adventures in Cranford....

The flounced petticoat is DONE! (Well, as done as it's going to get for a while.) I want to get all my underthings made before I start slapping on waistbands. I think I'll need to do some creative layering to get it all to sit correctly. So, other than the waistband, it's done! And quite floofy! (Much, much more so that I had originally thought it would be. I was going to make a corded petticoat and a tucked petticoat to go with it, but it's so hugenormous on it's own, I may forego the corded petticoat. (But I still wanna make it! .......I have *plans*)

(My ever-patient hubby is holding it up for me while I took the picture...aaaw!)

I thought I had bought a ridiculously huge amount of while cotton fabric (I don't remember exactly....it was the entire bolt, brand new, too.) to do the underthings with. Uh. No. Not even close! I cut out the pieces for the tucked petticoat and the corded petticoat after finishing the flounced petticoat, and all I have left is this sad little wad of fabric!

And I still have the chemise and drawers to go! *sigh*. There is something to be said for the economy of fabric in the SCA time period! I've never EVER used so much fabric for one project, and I'm just getting started on the underwear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment