Monday, May 11, 2009

Day full of awesome packages! (And Blue Dress Sleeves)

Here's the sleeves for Holly's Blue Dress....The whole thing is one solid sleeve that will tie on at the shoulders. The outer (blue) sleeve cap is going to be cartidge pleated to the inner sleeve to get the pleated fullness on the portrait.


Tea, beauuuutiful tea!!!! I've been without my favorite beverage for almost two weeks! Today, my fix finally arrived...


Yay! Bonnet! I'm going to replace the ribbons, they're a bit on the cheap side.


And a side view....Yah, I'm in the bathroom. Heh. In my searches on the interwebs since I purchased the hat, I've found some other types of bonnet that would probably have worked better, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with it.


And now both of my patterns are here! I think I'm going to be able to double-duty all the underthings I've been slaving over. I'm actually pretty nervous about using patterns, since I usually don't have much luck making things from a pattern, but this is such a new arena for me, I really need a good starting point.


Because this bonnet (at least for now) is going to serve double-duty for both dresses, I'll probably keep the trimmings to white or cream. I need to do some more research and find out if there are anything out there that will inspire more trimming ideas. I feel it may need something other than just the ribbon edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment