Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Red Velvet Gown

Bodice = complete!  Eyelets are the bane of my existence, and I putz’d around the sewing room, putting off eyelets at every given opportunity.  But, they’re done, and next up is skirts!  I’m going to be felt padding the pleats and the hemline.  I haven’t quite decided if I’m going to do the tuck or not…..hmmm.  Also to be decided – I may or may not do a strip of cutwork ‘trim’ over the felt.  This will only be a possibility if my die cutter comes through the way I want it to.


I spent an inordinate amount of time working up a pattern for a kneeler – my software was wigging out, but it finally came through in the end.

I did the embroidery up once in gold and silver, and I was having a really hard time with it – the thread kept snapping, and the bobbins were putting on their horns and somehow my fleur-de-lys got off-center.  I re-did the design in regular non-metallic thread, and a different fleur design, and I think it came out quite nice.  I’ll need to stain the wood of the stool, and figure out if I want anything else on it.



And this is why I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning!  Aaaaw!



  1. That's really incredible.  Someday you have to show me how to make eyelets properly.  You are fairly incredible, just so you know.

  2.  Love the stool - design and workmanship. It's fun to see the bodice taking shape! Love ya