Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Red Velvet Gown

Bodice = complete!  Eyelets are the bane of my existence, and I putz’d around the sewing room, putting off eyelets at every given opportunity.  But, they’re done, and next up is skirts!  I’m going to be felt padding the pleats and the hemline.  I haven’t quite decided if I’m going to do the tuck or not…..hmmm.  Also to be decided – I may or may not do a strip of cutwork ‘trim’ over the felt.  This will only be a possibility if my die cutter comes through the way I want it to.

IMAG0991IMAG0992IMAG0993

I spent an inordinate amount of time working up a pattern for a kneeler – my software was wigging out, but it finally came through in the end.

I did the embroidery up once in gold and silver, and I was having a really hard time with it – the thread kept snapping, and the bobbins were putting on their horns and somehow my fleur-de-lys got off-center.  I re-did the design in regular non-metallic thread, and a different fleur design, and I think it came out quite nice.  I’ll need to stain the wood of the stool, and figure out if I want anything else on it.

 

IMAG0995IMAG0996

And this is why I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning!  Aaaaw!

IMAG0990

2 comments:

  1. That's really incredible.  Someday you have to show me how to make eyelets properly.  You are fairly incredible, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Love the stool - design and workmanship. It's fun to see the bodice taking shape! Love ya

    ReplyDelete