Okay….it’s been a long day, but I’m close to the end! (Hooray!)
I cut down the bulbous sides that were bugging me so much yesterday to create a flatter side. I didn’t get the curve that I wanted, but at least it’s closer!
This is the soles stacked together to check that they’re matching up:
The pink lines are the center line, and the black lines are for strap positioning.
I didn’t take any pictures of the steps of gluing the velvet to the leather insole, punching holes, and sewing the vamps & sole coverings down, but here is what it looks like after being sewn down, glued to the sole, and staple-gunned down to the sole: (You can tell I’m getting tired….I’m not so careful with my shot setups nowadays!)
After that, I covered the cork sole with fabri-tac, and smoothing the fabric over the sole. I used push pins to hold the fabric snug against the cork.
I’ve stapled the fabric to the bottom of the cork, and cut off the excess (using my nifty applique scissors, btw)
I’m trying to be patient and let the glue dry before messing around with the seams, but I’m not sure how long I can hold out….I really want these to be done!