Monday, May 23, 2011

Shade fly–Update II

I should change the time stamp for this post!

The major construction of the front (most difficult) part of the shade fly is done!  (joyous noise)

As much as I want to continue on, I need to make sure I don’t slip into night owl mode!  I’m stopping at the point of sewing the dags on one side.  To complete the other side, I need to finish up more dags (and go get more bias tape….)  I guessed correctly, I was 1/3 short.

Okay, here is where I’m at:

The green flaps are pockets for the front supports.  I split them in the center so as to be able to tie stuff to the support.  (Like curtains!)  This picture is before I sewed everything down.

IMAG1045

Here is the front stretched out a bit…I have the dags pinned on the right side, ready for me to work on in the morning.  I can’t wait to turn it all over to my hubby and let him finish it off!

IMAG1046

G’night, all!

5 comments:

  1. You're ridiculously productive.  I'm tired just looking at what you've accomplished.  It's beautiful.   

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GORGEOUS!  Nommy green and beautiful work.   

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO YOU!  And *THIS* is why you are going to be a Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous already! I can't believe how much you were able to get done already! Amazing! Did you have a pattern? I assume not because you are just that amazing, but I had to ask.......

    ReplyDelete