Sunday, March 27, 2011

(Different) Wedding Dress; Lance and Danielle

My baby brother surprised us all recently with the news that he was going to get married.  Not that we were surprised at all, just that it was only a few days away!  Thankfully, I had a wedding gown in storage that relatively closely matched Danielle’s measurements.  Because at the time I wasn’t sure if I would be able to make it out to California or not, my mother brought it out on her flight (with ensuing drama RE: wedding dress & suit suitcase being lost by the airline, but that’s a whole ‘nother story!) 

I was getting worried about who would be able to do the alterations after the dress actually got there, so I decided only a few hours after my mother had gotten on the plane that I should probably head out as well.  I tried to sleep that night for the looooong drive to come.  Unfortunately, I missed my other brothers’ graduation that Thursday, but made it in time to do the dress alterations, and help with getting the rest of the wedding plans in place on Friday (flowers, cake, shoes…etc., etc.)  24 hours from the moment I arrived in California, the entire wedding was put together, dress included, ready for the wedding the following Saturday

What a trip!

But very fun, I wouldn’t have traded it for anything.  It was great to see everyone and be involved with such a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment