Thursday, March 31, 2011

Red Kirtle–Skirt attachment

After pleating, I sewed the skirt to the bodice, and zig-zagged the top edge.  There is a mild dip in the back, so I clipped that curve.IMAG0694

Then I pressed the seam up, making sure that the pleats were lying nice and straight.IMAG0695

Next, I pressed over the seam allowance on the bodice, making sure that the stitching line was covered.IMAG0696

Then I pinned the whole thing down.  I’m not going to sew down the bottom edge of the bodice until I’ve done the shoulder straps, top stitching, and boning casing; but when that’s all done, I’ll run a line of top stitching along the bottom edge, going all the way through each of the layers to hold the pleats in place and make the skirt attachment even stronger.IMAG0697

No comments:

Post a Comment