Saturday, April 2, 2011

Red Kirtle–Stitching Progress

I’ve got the neckline and the armscyes all stitched up.  (Hooray!)IMAG0720

Next up; because I put the skirt on backwards, I will need to unpick, re-press and re-sew the seams in the skirt.  Not a big deal, but it is taking time that I’d rather put towards the next steps - center back boning & bodice stitching.  (And because I spent a goodly amount of time today messing about with pincushions, I’m a smoodge behind on my self-imposed sewing schedule.)

After that, I’ve got eyelets for both kirtles, and a whole stack of sleeves to do (The original green sleeves ended up not fitting correctly, and rather than unpick and re-do them, I took some scraps to make new sleeves.IMAG0722

No comments:

Post a Comment